Me and My Body




To be honest, I never thought I'd write a post like this and yet, I had the urge to do so. I've been 'the skinny girl' for as long as I can remember. I can't recall a day when I said something like 'I can't wear a swimsuit in public' , 'I'll never find anything in HM' etc.
Did I feel good about my body? No.
In fact, my aunt claims that I'd starve myself during my junior year .On top of that, I'd always talk about getting a boob job at the time(which I didn't).
I feel significantly better about my body these days, mainly because I changed my eating habits completely.I read the labels a lot more thoroughly than I used to. Now I pay attention to things like the amount of carbs,sugars and fats in products while I'd only pay attention to the calorie column in the past.
Furthermore, I only eat whole wheat products. I feel physically better because I don't get bloated nearly as much as I'd get in the past and my metabolism is twice as fast now.
I eat a lot more veggies and I'm very selective when it comes to the protein I consume. I also have the fruits I like from time to time not to mention the fact I spoil myself every 7-10 days. When I put the day I spoil myself with the food I like in my schedule I don't end up craving it, which can lead to severe binge eating.
I try to squeeze in workouts and dance lessons in my schedule to top it all off.
I find that helpful because it helps me get stronger which ultimately leads to a lean,toned figure. It also helps me push myself out of my comfort zone which helps me believe in myself . The more things I learn to do with my body, the more I believe in myself.
I still have a lot of work to do in order to wholeheartedly say I love my body, but this path has been working out for me. There's no one absolute answer to self love/self acceptance but if you find what works for you go for it.

תגובות

פוסטים פופולריים מהבלוג הזה

Harlot

That 90's Glam